Last updated 6/14 6 am , now with def jam track-list flyer. Also can I take a second to revel in the fact that everyone was sleeping on my girl Nina Simones version of Strange Fruit being the one sampled in favor of the OG, and Tupac’s Ghetto Mansion roomate, Billie Holiday.
updated track list (songs and order the same, now with rumored but seemingly backed up with picture ^^ evidence . If any sentences contradict track list or are redundant I apologize in advance, will be fixed tomorrow . Still no leak, for now im on #Nosleeptillyeezus (shout out KTT) ,or at least till I finish this June 18th article.
So I decided (for now) that doing a full on review is not the move. I told myself the content I would post on this blog for the most part is what I would want to read about. If your anything like me, you love the information, the hype, you love the buildup of an anticipated album but really you’d rather just hear the album at once and not have someones overly specific view taint it, especially when its not really possible to even listen to the thing . So in the meantime here is a track list that is apparently from a Swedish Retailer, but I also went and cross referenced it with the songs and times that he played them on monday, so I’m pretty sure its accurate unless he changes it last minute.
01. On Sight (Produced by Daft Punk) [Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
02. Black Skinhead (Produced by Daft Punk) [CyHi The Prynce, Lupe Fiasco, Malik Yusef] <—- am i crazy or did i read somewhere Lupe’s writing credit is mostly from a conversation that sparked the idea of this song?
03. I Am A God (Featuring God) (Produced by Daft Punk) [Hudson Mohawke, Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
04. New Slaves (Featuring Frank Ocean) (Malik Yusef, Rhymefest)
05. Hold My Liquor (Feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon) [Alejandro Ghersi, Malik Yusef, Rhymefest]
06. I’m In It (Feat. Travis Scott) [Justin Vernon, Malik Yusef]
07. Blood On The Leaves [Hudson Mohawke, Tony Williams]
08. Guilt Trip (Feat. Kid Cudi) (Produced by S1)
09. Send It Up (Feat. King L) [Alejandro Ghersi, Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein]
10. Bound 2 (Feat. Charlie Wilson) [John Legend]
Fairly sure Travis Scott is on one of these as a singer/rapper, people have posted a clip saying its Cudi but I dont think thats accurate. Kanye mentioned his help on album in the same vein as the other features/assistants (for example justin vernon is def on track 5 but well see if it says that on the actual album (either way you know hes getting a writing credit, Kanye is notoriously unselfish when it comes to that).
So yea I had mentioned previously the songs blending a bit and i think that was mostly im in it.
Well I wont do a review but Rosenberg kicked a realness today on the morning show that does a good job of setting up the album without ruining it, he also explains what happened at the beginning of the event, must be nice to be invited. The part about Kanye and Youtube is sooo classic, and honestly makes me feel horrible for posting anything of his on the site , sorta.
Also I watched a video of the beginning speech and Kanye mentions there going to do 500 listenings across the country this weekend. So check for that.
stay tuned, updates this throughout the day
O and I hear the NYT article is..
This is great, via kanyewest.com, watch it there honestly it looks cooler. Very internet low fi
Below is a video from him in Switzerland playing the album and speaking before, he intros the first track “On Site” as “this next one was done by Daft Punk” which to me sounds good enough for AT LEAST a co prod credit, right?